Thursday, October 30, 2008

Canyon's Eyebrow Owie

Well, this time it was Canyon. Yesterday, I hear what I KNOW to be a true cry of real pain, and sure enough, a pretty good cut, from his scooter handle. The caps closing the hole were taken off, and the hollow metal tube of the handle cut him when he was doing some trick.
I cleaned it out (he didn't like that too much), and steeped a tea bag of healing herbs, and dripped it onto the wound, a few drips, and patted it, and put Butterfly stitches on his owie. He was so brave! There was a point where he told me he didn't want me to touch it anymore, and I told him that some kids would have to go to the doctor, and they might use a needle and thread, and stitch the cut together. He totally let me handle him after that.
This morning, it is dried up, and looks good, except for crusted blood in the eyebrow, but is doing good.
I am so thankful that our closest neighbor (our landlord) had butterfly stitches, I wouldn't have been able to get to town to buy any!

Here he is after it was cleaned up
Healing herbs...

Butterfly stitches

Here it is this morning.....


No comments: