In keeping with not spending money to grow our food, I used re-used corndog sticks for the lables!
The Gratuitous photo of Manny Von Popsicle stretching out while we are planting.....life's rough!
This is what it looked like after I closed the peat around the seedlings, and gave them all one little push...
This was February 26th, 2009.
Here is some sprouts on March 2nd, 2009......


AND......what our "garden" looks like on March 6th, 2009!
I am taking advice from my friend, Malisa, and during this time, when we just don't know how long we will be at this house now, I will keep these in containers, and I will surely take all with me to our new place!
I am taking advice from my friend, Malisa, and during this time, when we just don't know how long we will be at this house now, I will keep these in containers, and I will surely take all with me to our new place!We have Corn, Tomatoes, Sugar Snap Peas, Finger Carrots, and Pole Beans here...all for around 11 dollars! Imagine the food we will be eating JUST from these beginning starts, all spring and summer! I have to transplant and spread out many starts from one peat pellet each here!
3 comments:
Awesome job!!Wait until the boys start pickin what they started themselves...that is always such a
point of pride for P.
(hugs)
Yes! I love that! When Canyon was very little, I had a wonderful garden, I loved having him in the garden all summer long. It's been years since I've had a really substantial garden, but last year, I did container plants, and River loved counting all the peas in each pod before eating off the vine, and I never did get any sungold or cherry tomatoes, Canyon would eat them before I even spotted the ripe ones!
Post a Comment