Yesterday, River got his poor little hand shut in the front door. Sliding glass door open in back of house, plus front door open, creates a suction that slams the front door closed, and River went outside and the door closed too soon. His poor fingers were hurt really bad. There was immidiate bruising on two, and I was pretty worried at first, knowing it was a Sunday, on a holiday weekend! I treated with arnica immediately, gave Rescue Remedy, and then put his fingers on ice, on both sides, had him lay down and rest with his fingers being iced. He was able to calm down, and lay there, and then he eventually fell asleep....

When he woke, I taped his fingers all together, as stiff as I could get them, and it stayed on until today, when I changed the tape. Here he is yesterday with his taped hand...


Today, I took the tape off, checked his fingers out, he was able to move them all! A lot less pain, and I re-applied arnica all over all of the fingers, and re-taped them to stay stiff. Tomorrow, we may actually NOT have to go get them checked out...looks like they are doing much better already. He sure is a trooper!
2 comments:
((hugs)) I hope they recover soon!!
I need your remedy in my cabinet!!
Thank you, Kate! I'll tell River he got a cyber-hug! He's actually moving the fingers and gripping things just fine, but the bruising on two of the fingers has me worried, as usually, when I apply arnica, there is no bruising, so I know it must have been at least a bit damaging....ugh. :(
I'm taking him into the doc this afternoon, it will be his second doc visit in his life..he's not too keen on going, I'm trying to make it sound like a good thing...we'll see! :)
Rescue Remedy is wonderful stuff. It calms him down so well, tantrums, injuries, any sort of trauma or upset. Mike even uses it when his mood has gone to the other side, clears it up within 10 minutes or so!
Post a Comment