Monday, August 3, 2009

Catching Up To August!




Cramer....


Canyon showing off for the girl, and River with the cutest expression! Teanaway River


***Up top....River is up top riding the mountain bike scooter into camp....almost into the tent! Canyon playing with his walking sticks***


WOW!! It is definately SUMMER! It's HOT, hot, and I'm falling behind here on the boy's blog! We are playing, a LOT, but I'll try to catch up a bit momentarily!



Let's see, last we saw, Samuri Kid and Younger Brother pulverized the corn. As of today, I am actually able to harvest a couple ears off of the salvaged stocks! I was able to save about 10 plants, and they are growing corn, and the newer plants are getting taller.....all is good.



The boy's are pretty popular in the neighborhood, they are always playing with either one or many of the kids around here, and usually, they all end up here. Last night alone, we had 4 extra kids for hours! Honestly, I'm kind of needing a break from it all, and today, I have a "no kids over" policy till at LEAST tomorrow. ;) **Psst....don't go telling those people who say homeschooled kids aren't "socialized"...you might mess up that myth for us!!!**

I'm watching some of the kids getting ready for school already, and it's so nice knowing we won't have to do that, as Canyon's final decision on going to school this year was a big fat "I want to stay a homeschooler". The final discussion that led him there?? It was about getting up very early, not getting to sleep in till 10:30 in the morning, and having to have a set bedtime, and early in the evening at that, no more staying up. That was it for him, the deciding factor, and I couldn't have been happier! So, while their friends are getting ready to go back to school, these boy's don't have any changes to experience in their sleep habits, wake habits, eating habits, and playing fun. Happy Mama.

So we finally went camping about a month ago, and had a wonderful time at Teanaway. Gramma and Papa went camping with us, and it was a lot of fun. Plenty of kids riding bikes around, and the boy's had plenty of kids to play/ride with, and plenty to do, with the river across the dirt road from us. I've posted some pictures from that weekend above.

No comments: