Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bee Stings, mud, art, and life...

Wow!
For a mom who really wants to keep a blog for her boy's, and family and friends, I sure don't post very often! It's the "busy" in me, I suppose.

Let's see....I feel it's note-worthy to mention that last week, well, a week and a half ago, I took River to the DOCTOR! It was the first time I have ever had to take either one of the boy's to the doctor for anything other than a check up (which we don't do anymore). River got another bee sting, but this time, his hand swelled up, and by the next day, his hand and forearm was swollen! I did the same as I have always done with bee stings, tea tree oil on it, every two hours or so, but this time, wow! So I got him in to the doctor, which left me very nervous, as we hadn't established ourselves with any doc for the boy's since being back in Washington, but a very nice office got us in right away, and it was a pleasant experience! I brought Gramma with us to be with Canyon while River was in with me, and it worked out wonderful. I had given River some benadryl (finally figured out that one...duh!) before the appt., and so he had two doses that day, and two the next, the swelling went down, and he was fine. The doc wrote me a prescription for antibiotics (oh puleeease!), I of course did not use it, and Rivers natural defenses and benadryl helped him, and he was fine within a few days. His demeaner didn't change at all during this time, so luckily, it was just a physical swelling at the hand/forearm, no other problems. BUT.......now, since this reaction happened, we have benadryl on hand, and will most likely get a homeopathic or other bee sting kit.
I will post a picture of Rivers hand another time, I haven't downloaded them yet. :)

Well, I'm supposed to clean up Canyon's room today, and get his computer set up for him, he wants to play his Reader Rabbit games, and I should have set him up way long ago!

Ok, so that's it for now, and I am going to try to post more often, really, no........really! :)

Mama Cass (who still hasn't worked on the tea she is supposed to be making!)

No comments: