Monday, October 6, 2008

Dinner!

This is how we throw dinner together, throw dinner together, throw dinner together...

This is how we throw dinner together......right before Dad comes home! (sung to childs tune) :)



Mmmmm....yummy.



I call it "Almost vegetarian soup!" It's *almost* because it's made with chicken broth...:)

So, there's a reason I'm posting this on the boy's blog. They helped plant a few of the vege's in this soup! We had a very minimal crop this year, I had to resort to container gardening for most of our vege's, as we moved in May 1st, and should have already had everything planted by then.

I had small corn, which you see floating in the picture, white corn that the boy's helped plant. Potatoes that the boy's planted with me, Heidi tomatoes from our garden. It was exciting to use these, as we had so little this year. Garlic from the farmers market, it's finally ready to use. I've already used our green peppers, pepperoncini's, and zuch's. Our peas are gone now, the boy's snacked on those vines all summer, as Canyon kept eating the sun gold tomatoes, I couldn't even try one! Well, ok, I had maybe two. :)

River's favorite were the peas, we had so much fun eating those together and counting, and surprising ourselves as to how many were in the pod. The cuke's were nice, and the lemon cuke's were SO yummy, eating them right off the vine, so crunchy, and lemony good!

So, next year, I plan on having a nice big plot. We have plenty of acreage for a big garden, lets just hope fencing doesn't keep going sky high in price!


So, we have some potatoes left, but that's about it this year...next year, well, I can't wait!

No comments: