Ok! I'm going to make this quick. Making simple, no-nonsense Elderberry Syrup, that can be used as much as you want, for yourself, or child, even a one year old (use no honey for under a year old) for coughing, and daily immune system support.
Simmer for around an hour and a half.
Strain the "juice" into a bowl.
I try to push through any extra juice I can. I'm frugal!
Pour the extract back into your saucepan, on lowest setting....
You can also add a few garlic cloves to your first steps in simmering the berries, for antibacterial effects. I have done this with great success for a cough, and definately for good daily immune support! This syrup taken in a couple dropperfulls a few or more times daily, can help sickness leave faster, and help the body heal better. Of course, the faster results are found along with taking a couple thousand mgs of vitamin c every couple to few hours for more than 24 hours, or until better. Children, around 300 mgs taken every few hours for more than 24 hours, or until better. My boy's LOVE drinking their Elderberry extract!

5 comments:
I always learn so much from you!!
Thanks!!
Your welcome, Kate! I learn from you, too! I just love that making your own "medicine" can be so simple, but some don't know it! We have to share the simple recipes!
Cass,
We have elderberries growing like weeds out here, several on our property. I'd be happy to dry some for you and send them to you if you'd like. They just end up dying on the bushes unless the birds get them cause people just don't know what they've got!!
We also have oodles of nettle I can dry and send you, or I can just put em in a paper bag and send them to you semi-fresh for juicing. Last year I kicked myself for not harvesting more!
Thanks for the process of elderberry syrup in pictures, it makes it easier to follow!
Jennifer, that is SO SWEET of you! Don't go through too much trouble, but I wouldn't say no! I've been getting in to doing short "tutorials" lately! I have a healing herbal bath one on this blog, and a few others now. More on the way! Spreading bit's of do-it-yourself!
Do you have a blog here? I'd love to see it!
I used to have a couple blogs, but then it was taking up too much time. I'm thinking of starting another one with Wordpress...only about the development of this land into a biodynamic mini-farm and the changes we make to our house.
It won't be any trouble at all (elderberries) and when they start fruiting I'll let you know so I can get your address at your new place! I'll look into how to dry the berries so they retain their properties.
It's so great that you're doing all this!! Too bad we didn't stay in touch through the years, but glad we're back in touch!
Post a Comment